Limited Lifetime Sheet Metal Parts Warranty
We protect your investment with a lifetime guarantee against inside-to-outside perforation caused by rust. This covers the cost of repair, including reasonable and customary parts and labor, and begins on the original date of purchase from Fox Auto Parts, extending for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle.
The Sheet Metal Warranty does not cover:
Cosmetic or surface corrosion resulting from chips, scratches, or other causes; corrosion perforation caused by improper installation, neglect, accident, abuse, or any event not considered normal use to your vehicle; damage from the environment, including weather, hail damage, airborne fallout (chemicals, acid rain, etc.), cleaning solvents and/or polishing materials.
6-Month/Unlimited Mileage Limited Mechanical Parts Warranty
We protect your investment with a 6-month guarantee against mechanical product failure due to defect. At its option, FAP will repair, replace, or refund the purchase price of the part in the event of a failure. FAP reserves the right to replace failed parts with equal to or greater than original mileage parts. The mechanical parts warranty begins on the date the part was purchased from FAP as indicated on FAP’s invoice and ends six months later. Labor is not included unless stated on the invoice.
The Mechanical Parts Warranty excludes:
Breakdowns caused by non-covered components, improper installation, failure to clear computer codes, defective workmanship, usage for which the part was not intended and/or improper maintenance (e.g. using the incorrect types and levels of fluids and lubricants as outlined in the vehicle’s “Owner’s Manual”).
All Warranties are Null and Void if:
- The vehicle is used in a fleet, taxi, government, commercial vehicle, or limo service or has been converted from private passenger use to commercial or fleet use, or is used for racing or other competition or off-road recreational purposes.
- The part is installed in an application for which the vehicle manufacturer did not intend it.
- Failure is caused by abuse, misuse, or modifications.
- Failure is caused by towing a trailer or other vehicle unless your vehicle is equipped for this purpose as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- The part fails or becomes defective due to the vehicle being involved in a collision
- The installed heat tab center is melted or removed
- The FAP “Required Installation Procedures Tag” is not complied with upon installation.
- The part is sold “As Is” as indicated on the front of the invoice.
- The vehicle is not serviced at proper intervals, or fuel/oil/coolant is not used in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
- The engine oil and filter are not replaced and documented every 4,000 miles with appropriate OEM recommended motor oil. (Must be documented)
- The transmission fluid and filter are not replaced at time of installation with OEM recommended transmission fluid. (Must be documented)
- Failure is caused by or related to a collision, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, freezing or flood.
Terms and Conditions
- Approval for repairs or replacements must be approved by FAP prior to any work being performed.
- We reserve the right to inspect any product prior to replacement.
- Labor is only included if expressly stated on the invoice.
- Payment for labor requires approval by FAP of the estimate, prior review or proof of scheduled maintenance, and proof the work is done. Labor is capped at the lesser of $50 per hour or 100% of the price of the part on the invoice (excluding core charges).
- The original invoice must accompany all returns.
- Appropriate maintenance receipts required.
- This warranty is not transferable and only benefits the customer named on the invoice.
- The year and model of the vehicle or part printed on this invoice is within a range of interchangeability and may not necessarily be the exact model and year as the part or vehicle that has been provided.
- Windshield and other glass breakage are not covered under this warranty.
- Refer to the vehicle manufacturer’s “Owner’s Manual” for correct operation and maintenance schedule.
- This part may have accessories that are attached, and must be switched or removed to accommodate proper installation, which is the responsibility of the installer. Such accessories have been included to aid in the convenience of installation and are not covered by this warranty. Engine warranties are limited to defects in the block, heads, pistons, crankshafts, camshafts, rockers, bolts and oil pumps. All other parts that may be provided are “Accessories and Extra Parts.” No warranty is provided for any such parts that are attached, including parts such as switches, sensors, cables, electronics, belts, hoses, water pumps, and manifolds.
- Any “Recommended Installation Procedures” provided by FAP must be followed by the installer to maintain warranty coverage.
- This warranty does not cover freight costs or similar damages.
- We are not responsible for injury or damages during, or as a result of, the installation of our product.
- Timing belts, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, fluids and seals are routine maintenance items and should be replaced at the time of installation and at the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended service intervals.
- Proper operation of the cooling and electrical system must be checked during the installation of products that can be affected by those systems.
- While most fluids have been drained from our products, it is your responsibility to completely drain and replace fluids, lubricants, antifreeze, and filters with replacements that are fresh, clean and approved by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Transmission: It is the responsibility of the installer to replace the radiator or transmission oil cooler, flush the transmission oil cooling lines, fill differential, adjust shifter mechanisms, replace filters, replace seals, replace pan gaskets and reset or replace computer codes when installing a transmission.
- Engine: Claims related to the overheating and/or improper lubrication of the engine or its components are not covered by this warranty.
- Other: Tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings, and bushings related to steering and suspension components are not covered by our warranty and should be inspected and replaced as needed by the installer.
- In the Event of Failure: The purchaser must use all reasonable means to protect the product from further damage and must return the original defective product to FAP. The purchaser must furnish FAP with such information as FAP may reasonably require, including proof of the vehicle’s regular maintenance as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer in the owner’s manual.
FOR ANY RECYCLED SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM (“SRS”) SUCH AS A RECYCLED AIRBAG OR SEAT BELT PRETENSIONER TO OPERATE PROPERLY, A QUALIFIED INSTALLER MUST INSTALL THE SRS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATIONS. Any SRS that is not installed correctly will subject passengers in a vehicle to risks of serious injuries, including death. The purchaser of a SRS assumes all risks of damages or injuries, including death, which may arise as a result of the improper installation of a SRS. A SRS may contain Perchlorate Material and special handling may be required. For additional information refer to this website: www.dtsc.ca.gov/hazardouswaste/perchlorate
FAP guarantees with respect to non-deployed airbags sold by FAP or its subsidiaries that FAP and such subsidiaries have followed the Automotive Recyclers Association Protocol for the Use of Original Equipment Non-Deployed airbags. ALL NON-DEPLOYED AIRBAGS AND OTHER SRS’S ARE SOLD ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND THE USER ASSUMES ALL RISKS THAT MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT. FAP MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REGARDING SALES OF NON-DEPLOYED AIRBAGS OR OTHER SRS’S (INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY).
FAP is not responsible for safe transportation, securing products or insuring their security on or in your vehicle.
If any part sold hereunder has a Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) on it, the installer must obtain a replacement VIN for such part to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws.
Tires: Due to many varied and different conditions to which used tires may have previously been exposed, FAP makes absolutely NO warranty, expressed or implied, as to the fitness for a general or particular purpose or of merchantability in connection with any sale of used tires. ALL USED TIRES ARE SOLD “AS IS”. Used tires are not tested or labeled by FAP to meet any safety standards. The purchaser of used tires from FAP agrees to accept all risks relating to the use of such used tires.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY AND DO NOT COVER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
THE PURCHASER HEREBY UNDERSTANDS THAT DUE TO THE NATURE OF USED AUTO PARTS, ANY LIABILITY OF FAP FROM ALL CAUSES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE PRICE PAID FOR THE GOODS SOLD OR PROVIDED. IF A PART SOLD BY FAP IS DEFECTIVE, LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PART OR A REMEDY NOT TO EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE PART, AT FAP’S OPTION.
FAP has adopted a policy of charging a Company Environmental Charge. This fee will help assure the proper collection, treatment, and disposal of any hazardous materials that are a by-product of recycling. This fee is not a tax or governmental collection mandate.
All payments are due in full by the due date stated on the invoice. Balances not paid by the due date will be subject to a late payment fee of the greater of (i) 2% per month compounded monthly (26.8% per year) or (ii) $5.00. In addition, the customer is responsible for all costs of collection, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other fees incurred in the collection process. If the foregoing charges exceed the rate that may be lawfully charged, then such charges shall be calculated at the highest lawful rate.
FAP offers an Optional Service Agreement on many parts. An Optional Service Agreement does not apply to your part unless specifically indicated on the front of this invoice. Additional warranty terms and conditions for Optional Service Agreements and other warranties can be found at http://www.foxautoparts.com/warranty-2/. All information on that website (and the links contained therein) is hereby incorporated by reference.
ATTENTION CHECK WRITERS – CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS: If your check is dishonored or returned for any reason, you authorize FAP to electronically debit your checking account for the amount of the check, plus the maximum processing or returned check fees allowed by state or federal law. Your usage of a check for payment is your acceptance of these conditions.
30-Day Return Policy
The original sales receipt must accompany all returns. Returns without the original sales receipt will not be accepted. A part returned undamaged within 30 days of the original purchase date may be credited at management’s discretion, but no credit will be given for any part returned more than 30 days after the original purchase date. Core charges are refundable if the appropriate core is returned within 30 days. No returns will be accepted after 30 days. Parts must be in the same condition as when sold to be eligible for return.